Mechanical + Electrical apprentice at Siemens

Manchester
January 2016

7.9/10

On a regular basis I will be looking at specific electrical faults that have occurred on a unit, I will also carry out general maintenance on units such as oil changes and testing safety systems.

I have learnt essential skills in fault finding which include reading schematics and reducing time spent on a fault.

I enjoy being part of Siemens because I get to work along side skilled technicians and engineers who teach me specific skills that will help me progress within the company.

4. How valued do you feel by Siemens?

I attend many courses throughout the year which costs Siemens a lot of money, Siemens are investing in my future which makes me feel valued.

as a Siemens apprentice I have to take a responsibility for my own learning and organisation. Siemens create a solid structure so I can organise my learning easily.

a lot of support whether that is through email or in person.

when ever I need support I can ask and they are there to help me out.

not very well seeing as I spend too much, as far as apprenticeship wages go I do get a very good wage.

I golf a lot and go to football games, there are lots more to do but I seem to stick to golf and football.

9a. Would you recommend Siemens to a friend? *

Siemens has many benefits but the main one for me is that it feels like your job is secure in the long run.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Siemens? *

Make sure your CV and cover letter is professional i.e. no spelling errors etc.