apprentice at Siemens

newcastle
29th January 2016

7.9/10

It varies from day to day, as I am rotating around all the departments to get a taste of every area to see which one I like, I currently have not got a set role.

I have learnt and developed many skills through my apprenticeship, i have developed and learnt new skills on the machines such as lathes and milling machines. i Have improved my team working and communication skills.

I really enjoy my apprenticeship I enjoy going round different areas of the company and finding out what its like and seeing if Its something i would like to do.

4. How valued do you feel by Siemens?

Siemens is a large company but i still feel valued, we have monthly reviews within the company so they can find out if our apprenticeship is going well and the things we have enjoyed and disliked.

The program is organized and well planned. It allows you to get your basic skills and then go around the company to see all of the departments.

We have monthly reviews with the training provided, and we discus things such as health and safety, safeguarding and also how the apprenticeship has been going, i feel this is good support.

I feel like the salary is quite good for an apprenticeship and it also increases every year until you are finished your apprenticeship. You can also choose to pay into a pension and also other options.

Yes there are opportunities out of the working area.

9a. Would you recommend Siemens to a friend? *

siemens is a good company that treats you well, it also pays well and the apprenticeship is structured and enjoyable. It also has a lot of different options or routes you can take within the company.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Siemens? *

Before applying to siemens do your research so you know more about the company to see if its for you, if it is go ahead and apply.