Hi! Just a little message to let you know that we've updated our Privacy Policy.

Apprentice Design Engineer at Siemens

Glasgow
Traineeship
January 2016

7.2/10

On a day-to-day basis I usually get a brief on a task I will be undertaking that day. Could also just be continuing on a job I am already working on.

Yes many, I have a good knowledge of signalling design on the job now. I have also been sent on a number of courses such as BST, RRI, CAD design and MOD5

I enjoy my program very much. It meet my expectations well as I get to learn a lot on the job as well as learning about the culture of the company and railway.

4. How valued do you feel by Siemens?

I do feel very valued by Siemens. If you do a job well you always get appreciation and will always been involved in projects and given time to learn.

It is very well structured. First off I started at the training center and enrolled in a college course. Then once you come into the office you get your knowledge built up and tasks assigned.

I feel I receive a lot of support as anytime I feel that there is something I can not do or just need a helping hand with there is no problem and are always happy to help

Salary is reasonable as I usually get through the month without much trouble. I do drive to work though and that can run up in cost with parking and petrol but the location is well as not to far away.

Yes there are many opportunities outside of work that I can take part in. For example there are a lot of testing shifts that become available and I can volunteer for these if available.

9a. Would you recommend Siemens to a friend? *

It is a good company to work for with a lot of opportunities and I am glad that I work for Siemens and therefore would definitely recommend them to a friend.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Siemens? *

I would say fill out the application with time and to the best of your ability to hopefully progress to the next stage and then to be yourself in the interview.