Wind turbine technician at Siemens

Newcastle
28th January 2016

6.9/10

Currently at college for the first year/term until June 2016. The college consists of monday-friday attendance and a variety of lessons including electronics, hydraulics, wind turbine theory and mathematics.

Improved on theory skills and learned many new practical skills such as basic electronics, hand fitting and maintenance skills.

I enjoy the majority of the lessons however the group is large and some teachers in practical lessons have became frustrated with the large group. However most theories lessons are excellent.

4. How valued do you feel by Siemens?

Very valued, our manager This section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyApprenticeship Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions pays close attention to the group and is always open to issues problems and answers questions without hesitation.

The program is well structured and has been made very clear to us how we will progress multiple times. We had a thorough induction day where everything was explained to us and we were made fully aware of how the program would develop. There was also a parents evening where we were further informed on the course structure.

As we are still in college we have not yet yet participated in anything with the training provider directly. However in college we are reasonably well supported by the course leader.

For an apprenticeship the salary is good, we earn £10060 per year for attending college. However for personal costs I have found myself having to budget a lot more than anticipated. The salary does increase in later years though.

At this moment in time no.

9a. Would you recommend Siemens to a friend? *

The apprenticeship has a high success rate and is enjoyable, and due to the nature of the industry you will learn a lot of new skills in a developing industry.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Siemens? *

The job is a manual job. You need to be physically fit and able to cope in a stressful environment. If you are able then it is excellent but the apprenticeship may not be for everyone.