Apprentice Wind Turbine Technician at Siemens

Newcastle upon Tyne
28th January 2016

Carrying out Service tasks as part of a service team on Wind turbines to ensure they continue to be as efficient as they can be.

Have managed to gain hands on experience needed to progress my development. Have been taught how to carry out various service tasks safely by experienced maintenance technicians.

The programme overall I really enjoy and I am learning all the time which Is developing my progress throughout the programme.

4. How valued do you feel by Siemens?

I have been made part of a service team while on site and have been made to feel like a valued member of each team I have been on. With achieving each of your targets Siemens offer a bonus scheme based on this and this is a great way to make each employee feel valued for their hard work and dedication.

Extremely well structured with clear targets set out each year. A good balance between theory and practical tasks.

Support is available whenever we need it.

The support we receive is excellent. Monthly reviews are done to monitor our progress and any issue addressed and dealt with quickly.

I'm happy with the pay and it is a good incentive to do well throughout the programme.

E-learning courses are available to do. As a group we have also had a number of social events.

9a. Would you recommend Siemens to a friend? *

Looked after and paid well. Supported throughout. Experienced maintenance technicians you are able to learn from. Technical Training is first class. Lots of opportunities to progress. Opportunities to travel for work.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Siemens? *

Show you are ambitious and willing to work hard.