1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
RFS Manager - WPP Account
· Support RFS revenue and GP targets · Work alongside key stakeholders to execute account growth strategies · Engage with clients directly, to secure increased IBM project revenue · As the customer focal point for RFS, optimise RFS execution by collaborating with other members of the SO account team · Demonstrate ‘end to end’ focus for RFS from initial discussions with the client to evaluating the success of the projects · Identify and implement operational and process improvements · Pro-actively improve the business controls posture for assigned contracts, ensuring audit compliance · Take responsibility for RFS Customer Satisfaction and demonstrate year to year improvement
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have developed my technical knowledge of what IBM does in terms of delivery and the terminology relating to that. Management, attention to detail, comms and leadership
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Good culture and extremely flexible - there are many benefits such as pension scheme, leasing, health and retail discounts. The career prospects are endless
4. How valued do you feel by IBM?
I am rewarded for hard work, shown recognition on a daily basis. I am invited to all events to celebrate the scheme and any that help me progress my career
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The induction is the best around, as well as other training courses in terms of facilities and expenditure. There are so many available however I think the company is so big the framework is loose and there could be more clarity
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
On the job, every day from my task manager. Outside courses I can sign up for all the time and the scheduled residential is every 6 months, the treatment is amazing and we feel valued
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
You can approach anyone senior to be your mentor and IBM like you to build a firm network, they stress this a lot as it will help with opportunities. You are always one or two calls away from help or a solution and never feel alone
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Comfortably, I have more disposable income but there has been uncertainty regarding salary increases from past apprentices so that could be a worry. But I feel that my hard work will be rewarded. All travel costs are met and I was provided with finance
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes - all the time. With schools, unis, pretty much anywhere you can create something. There are sports teams, clubs, walks and all sort of actives to get involved in
9a. Would you recommend IBM to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
The opportunities can not be found with any other companies in terms of Career routes, benefits, flexibility, travel with work and so much more. You cant understand how big IBM is until you join.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to IBM? *
Be yourself, show your skills and the IBM values and you stand a chance. Although competitive, IBM like a diverse range of employees. So be confident in your ability and try your hardest.
More from IBMMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!