Garage Office and Communications Manager for Europe at IBM

Sponsored Degree Programme
January 2016

Connect with IBM

9.6/10

Garage Office and Communications Manager for Europe. I help to arrange and co-ordinate client and internal visits, and collate success stories from the European Garages.

I've learnt how to use tools like RMT and RTC, as well as improving my excel and Notes skills. It's also given me more opportunity to present and interact with clients face to face.

The apprenticeship so far has been amazing. The team I work with are all incredibly supportive and kind, and my office is a very fun place to work.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 9 roles at IBM

4. How valued do you feel by IBM?

My role has progressed so I have a lot of responsibility now - what I do matters. I get regular verbal feedback from my peers and manager, to the point where my manager called me to thank me for work I did on a particularly hectic day.

It's all been very structured so far. I had induction at the beginning of the apprenticeship, and I've been receiving training on the job. I've been getting support while studying for my university degree and all of my managers and colleagues have been very supportive.

I receive a lot of support from my training provider. I know that if I ever needed anything, I'd just have to call and ask and they'd be there for me.

I receive a lot of support from my employer as well. Same thing goes - I can just ask for help and they're more than happy to help out or introduce me to someone who can.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 9 roles at IBM

Considering I'm based in central London and renting, I would like to earn more. It's enough to cover everything I need, but with not much left over. We do, however, get pay rises twice a year, so it'll improve soon.

There are always events I can get involved in either internally with IBM or in the external rented office we work in. IBM offers lots of volunteer programs as well.

9a. Would you recommend IBM to a friend? *

It's an amazing company to work for. I'd especially recommend the apprenticeship program at IBM to any of my friends who don't know what they want to do - it's such a big company and you can move around roles during the apprenticeship.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to IBM? *

Be passionate; passion is the number one thing they look for in applicants. Talk about things you've done that go above and beyond. Show that you can work and communicate as a team.