Hi! Just a little message to let you know that we've updated our Privacy Policy.

PMO action management at IBM

Warrington
January 2016

Connect with IBM

5.9/10

I am the action management PMO for my account. This means that it is my job to chase down any actions that are raised in meetings in order to make sure that they get completed.

Yes, I have learned a lot about time management as well as being able to take succinct notes quickly

I enjoy the people that I work with which makes the work a lot easier to deal with, especially as a lot of us work away from home all week.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 5 roles at IBM

4. How valued do you feel by IBM?

I have had two roles in IBM and both have been essential to the accounts success which gives me a huge sense of responsibility and trust

It is fairly poorly organised and I believe this is due to the scale of the company, but everything is completed eventually.

We receive training once a month to learn skills that are not specific to the account but we recieve training when we join a new account so that we can complete our job.

IBM is always available for help however they require you to go to them and will not pick up on a lot of things unless pointed in the right direction. This is how I would prefer it to run though.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 5 roles at IBM

The salary we receive is good for the amount of time we have been in the company.

There are very few that are organised by IBM, they are done more on an account level basis.

9a. Would you recommend IBM to a friend? *

IBM pays well for the relatively little experience we have and we are treated as full time employees and not as apprentices.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to IBM? *

Make yourself stand out, you dont need to start with technical or business knowledge to get in to IBM, but you need to make yourself seem like you have a skill that not many people will have. Be confident in yourself and what you can do.