Warehouse apprentice at Howdens Joinery

Batley

Connect with Howdens Joinery

7.9/10

My role as a warehouse man at Howdens Joinery requires me to: pick, stack, serve and generally participate in the running of the warehouse on a day-to-day basis. I work dailiy with internal and external customers striving to meet their expectations and surpass them.

my apprenticeship has developed and boosted my confidence when communicating with customers and colleagues which is a vital skill for later life. Also during my apprenticeship I have been completing an NVQ which is a qualification which shows my competence and ability.

overall I have thoroughly enjoyed my apprenticeship and the work I have being doing, as well as the people I work with my apprenticeship too surpassed my expectations and helped me broaden my horizons on the world of work.

4. How valued do you feel by Howdens Joinery?

My colleagues at howdens made me feel valued by entrusting me with certain responsibilities showing my capability and competence.

I find that my apprenticeship is quiet will structured with a decent balance of warehouse work and NVQ related work making for a good working experience.

Throughout my NVQ I have received plenty of support from my trainer and help whenever needed, but the qualification still put my knowledge to the test.

My employer has helped my a lot throughout my apprenticeship whether it be product knowledge or 2-man lifts, I have had the support I needed to complete the work required.

My salary covered my costs very well, including my daily travel and normal expenses.

I have been to a few howdens events set outside of work including sport and bowling, this is a good way for you to interact with your colleagues in an environment outside of work.

9a. Would you recommend Howdens Joinery to a friend? *

I would recommend howdens joinery because of my first hand experience here, the staff are friendly and the work is manageable and fair. overall I think howdens joinery is a great place to start your working experience.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Howdens Joinery? *

I would inform them first not to be nervous in the interview as it was comfortable easy. howdens joinery is a very good place for an apprenticeship as it opens a lot of gateways and opportunities.