signalling design engineer at Siemens

glasgow

8.0/10

My job can range from simple tasks to complex designs. I often am given updates to do and also sometimes given full plans to design. sometimes if I have nothing to do I do college revision

I have developed so many skills. I do an HNC in electrical engineering at city of Glasgow college. I also spent 6 months at a training centre completing my SVQ level 3

I enjoy my programme very much. everyone is very friendly and helpful, and happy to help. every day I learn something new which makes it even more enjoyable

4. How valued do you feel by Siemens?

I feel very valued by siemens. people are always in contact with me to make sure I am doing well and enjoying myself. it is a big company but they make everything feel very personal

my programme is very well organized. like I said earlier, I was sent straight away to a training centre to complete my SVQ and this is just one example of the organization of the programme.

I receive lots of support from my training provider. I am on lots of courses which help me a lot and everything is in the best interest of myself.

I receive lots of support from my employer. they are always sending me on courses and teaching me themselves and helping me do everything I ask.

my salary meets my cost very well. due to my good salary I am able to live well. the location of the office is very good as it is close to the main railway station.

there are many opportunities outside of work. there are often social events being organized as well as voluntary initiatives and to help everyone

9a. Would you recommend Siemens to a friend? *

I would recommend siemens to a friend because they are a huge company with huge opportunities and they treat everyone very well, making everyone happy.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Siemens? *

always work hard and be yourself. if you do this you will be rewarded greatly, socially, financially and also with opportunities to experience great things.