Subcontract Co-ordinator at CGI

Sponsored Degree Programme
28th January 2016

Connect with CGI

6.4/10

Subcontract Co-ordinator - co-ordinating change requests between CGI and the subcontractor. Holding regular conferences with the subcontractor. Reporting on the progress of changes.

I am regularly learning new skills and taking on more responsibility. I am attending a 2 day training course next month on Subcontract Management which will be extremely useful and will enable me to take on more subcontract management responsibilities.

I enjoy the work that I do, my team are all lovely and the company culture is great. However I don't enjoy the university side of the course. It is disorganised and didn't meet my expectations.

4. How valued do you feel by CGI?

I feel valued as a part of my team, but otherwise there isn't much recognition for students.

The sponsored degree programme is poorly structured in terms of the time at university (multiple hour long gaps throughout the day), and receiving the course materials. Anything at work is well organised, such as training courses, meetings etc.

As we are only at university on a Monday we are not able to make full use of the support that the university offer to full time students. However, the lecturers that we have are always helpful, and answer any queries via email, which works well for us.

At CGI we have a buddy, mentor, line manager and career manager - so there are lots of people to go to for support. Being in the sponsored degree programme means we are all able to support each other, and someone in the year will always know how to get around a certain problem!

The salary increases every year which is great, however I do feel that it starts rather low compared to other sponsored degree programmes. £14,000 isn't a lot to cover travel to work/living/social costs - but after the first year the salary gets raised very generously (depending on your performance reviews).

There are lots of company events/clubs outside of work - as I don't live in Reading unfortunately I don't take part in these. Every year CGI have the annual tour, which reflects on the company progress over the last year, there is food/drinks etc. and the opportunity to network with people

9a. Would you recommend CGI to a friend? *

It's a great job opportunity and I've learnt so much more than I would have at university.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to CGI? *

Make sure that your application is the best it can be, as this is the main hurdle before getting onto the assessment centres.