JBC at CGI

Reading Central London & City
Sponsored Degree Programme
January 2016

Connect with CGI

I am a junior business consultant. ToR - haha whats that? I would say that 20% of my current activities are listed in my ToR. however, the breadth and depth of experience I have gained is excellent for a 21 year old.

yes my interpersonal skills have improve4d greatly, also my understanding of the more technical domains is also something that I have been pleased to progress.

I enjoy it a lot, however, we could do with more set time to complete uni work, for example, working 3 days per week studying one, and allocated a separate day to get on with other work for study.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 6 roles at CGI

4. How valued do you feel by CGI?

it depends, in general, I ifeel like a number. However there a some managers who I get on well with and are appreciative of my student position. however they wont hesitate to work me to the bone.

it is arranged well. [This section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyApprenticeship Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions] is an exceptional leader. However, there are few checks and balances which prove that students are not overworked in their day job. an area I would like to see improved.

I receive all the support I need from the university in order to complete the work to the best of my ability. I would hope so too given that other students pay 9 grand a year for the privilege.

I feel this could be improved from a work basis. the company don't hesitate to get rid of people who underperform. yet they don't stop managers piling on the work. [This section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyApprenticeship Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions] is helpful, but projects vary.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 6 roles at CGI

how well does it meet the effort I put in.. it doesn't. however I am able to claim expenses which doesn't leave me out of pocket. however the mileage rate is more than questionable.

yes - but there were more before CGI took over, I used to play football for the company but now this has ceased. I would like to see more activities and events funded by the company.

9. Would you recommend CGI to a friend?

The package isn't what I signed up to. I never expected to be under such pressure day on day. also, te graduates who haven't worked for CGI for 3 years start on the same wage as us after 3 years. not fair.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to CGI?

brepared to work [This section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyApprenticeship Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions] hard. often for long hour and sometimes little thanks. you have to turn down tasks if you don't want to go into a melt down.