apprentice warehouseman at Howdens Joinery

maidstone
27th January 2016

Connect with Howdens Joinery

8.7/10

I am currently working in a warehouse I am responsible for an accurate stock file of over £200,000. I have to check stock in to the depot and make sure the correct items leave the depot by using the correct systems and documentation.

I have learned how important it is to ensured the levels of stock match what is listed on the computer. I have also leaned that time keeping and time management with in the work place is very important.

i was included and excepted by the team from day one and i get on well with other staff members. i was also invited to go to the company bowling event that i missed out on a place in the final by only 1 pin!!!

4. How valued do you feel by Howdens Joinery?

i am well looked after by the management tem and they are always helpful if i have a problem. i do not have any worries about coming into work. i am included in team meetings and events.

very structured. i have completed all relevant health and safety modules and i have a tutor visit once a month to assist and mark me on my progress. she lets me know how i am progressing and if i am on course to hit targets.

all ways good support and i am well informed by her.

as i said before, i have 3 managers that all assist should i have any questions and they always give me feedback on how i am doing.

it has been good through the apprenticeship but i cant wait to complete and earn more!!!

i have been to a company bowling event and as a depot team we have been out for meals on several occasions.

9a. Would you recommend Howdens Joinery to a friend? *

because its a good starting place, the apprentice scheme is well structured and the money is good for an apprenticeship and it all leads to good job at the end.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Howdens Joinery? *

i think before interview i should have learned more about the company and what products they had to offer. have a good understanding of what the apprenticeship is all about so you know what is expected of you.