Hi! Just a little message to let you know that we've updated our Privacy Policy.

Hybrid App Developer at Accenture

Newcastle
£1,055 monthly
January 2016

Connect with Accenture

7.2/10

I am a hybrid/web developer and my day to days tasks involve creating concept apps that are demo's to potential buyers. I work with all kinds of of languages such as HTML, JavaScript, CSS, NodeJS etc. Our projects normally last 8 weeks which are then split up into 2 week sprints. In these 2 week sprints we are giving tasks that we aim to complete in those 2 weeks. We have to attend daily 'stand ups' (meetings that last 15mins) were we discuss what we'll be doing in that day and if we have any impediments.

Considering I joined with no coding skills, I have learnt a lot of languages. For example I have leant HTML, CSS, JavaScript, NodeJS, C#, SQL, MongoDB, AngularJS. I am constantly learning new kinds.

I am glad I choose to do this apprenticeship as I get to play around with new technologies all the time. You're not always working with the same technology so it never gets boring.

4. How valued do you feel by Accenture?

The amount of support I have received since joining Accenture has been excellent. There's always someone to talk to if you need the help or discuss something weather this'll be your line manager or career councillor.

The programme is well structured, they balanced the work and university release days well. If you fall behind with university work you can always request to done some at work if you need that support. The university days them self can be a bit dry sometimes and go off topic.

The support I get from the university when I'm there is great as they always make sure you're alright with the work they have giving you and they're always trying to improve their communication with you through the feedback you give them. However when away from university you can only email them using your university email which sometimes can take days to reply.

Again the support from my employers is excellent. You have multiple contacts if you need the help and theres always your fellow apprentices if you need help with some work.

The first year of the apprenticeship, the wage was alright... bit bit small but alright. Then the second year your wage gets increased to a good amount. I have no problem with the wage!

There's always opportunities outside of work either this be for training or volunteer work. Theres been a couple of times where there's been training in London or abroad. The volunteer work is always fun, its normally events in good locations.

9a. Would you recommend Accenture to a friend? *

Its a great apprenticeship to develop skills no matter if you have any technology skills or not. The pay is great and theres plenty of opportunities for you to expand in the company.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Accenture? *

I recommend that you show that you're confident and you have good teamwork skills. Also show your passion that you're eager to learn. You don't have to know a lot about technology just show that you're willing to learn.