Siemens Finance and Commercial Academy at Siemens

Newcastle Upon Tyne
School Leaver Programme
26th January 2016

9.0/10

Rotation based role moving every 6 months with a 12 month placement in your final 3rd year. Hands on role with the team you are placed with, valued as an equal member of the team. Good interaction with people in the different business'.

Great for experience in the work place, with regular training courses on excel, presenting skills, meeting skills and even VBA. Also continuous working towards a CIMA qualification.

I think the programme is great, everyone is very friendly and helpful especially when you are starting out your career and need the help.

4. How valued do you feel by Siemens?

Everywhere I have been everyone knows about the Academy and believes in it which is very refreshing. Personally I have had great feedback from my managers which is a nice boost.

The structure is good for a mix of studying and work as long as you are committed to putting the work in. The rewards of a good job after the scheme are worth it.

The training provider has good tutors who are always happy to help and support you, only slight issue with locations to study CIMA courses being limited.

There is always support available from your placement and from the academy, I have always felt help is there if I need it.

The salary is very competitive with great incentives through the academy to pass your exams and do well on your placements.

Siemens has a great community to socialize outside of work with colleagues and friends. We also get involved in charity days and raising money which is always rewarding.

9a. Would you recommend Siemens to a friend? *

It is a great, friendly place to work with plenty of opportunities to advance your career and travel around the country and possibly world!

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Siemens? *

Be yourself and ask plenty of questions!