1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I'm a business developer, my daily tasks include sorting the morning paperwork, answering incoming calls, making calls, getting leads and estimates
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, I'll be getting a NVQ and a btec, it's also introduced me to full time work, I've gone on training courses and learnt how to be a business developer
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the work as it's different everyday, and although I have to get leads and sales individually thee is a lot of team work. It is different from my expectations but better
4. How valued do you feel by Howdens Joinery?
Yes because I know I am needed to do a job but haven't received and specific recognition but I am congratulated if I do something well my manager or colleagues
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My induction to working for howdens was good but not so much from the apprenticeship company at the beginning as the first mentor left after coming once and we didn't have any one visit us for a while
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
A lot I know I can always email him with any queries, he helps me with the work that's set and is really supportive and comes to the depot once a month
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A lot the HR team are good. If I have any questions most of the time I know I can ask someone in depot that can help or there is always depot support
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Not well if you live on your own its not really enough to live off especially to drive to but I have had a pay rise since I started which is a bit better
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are we go on incentives like quad biking and having dinner and if you hit certain targets you can go to the summer/Christmas ball each year
9. Would you recommend Howdens Joinery to a friend?
It's a good place to work for it opens up lots of opputunities for the future and gives you good work experience for not just a office job as there's more to it
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Howdens Joinery?
How different it is from other places as is trade only which is a lot different from retail. It is a good experience and get as much as you can out of it
More from Howdens JoineryMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!