Warehouse Apprenticeship at Howdens Joinery

£572 monthly
January 2016

Connect with Howdens Joinery

9.2/10

My job involves me to check stock accuracy and do line checks every morning. I also have to deal with customers on a daily basis and keep the warehouse tidy and clean. I also have to check stock off when it comes in from a delivery and put all the items away correctly.

I have learned how to deal check the stock accuracy correctly and get customers items quickly.

I enjoy work as i have met new people and enjoy being part as a team.

4. How valued do you feel by Howdens Joinery?

i feel valued at my work because if the other warehouse man is off then i need to step up and do the work myself which i enjoy doing

The programme is well organized but i have had problems with my workbook due to the woman that comes in from the apprenticeship company left so another man had to come and we got mixed up with workbooks.

I get a lot of support from people in the company as they know i am learning aswell so they take there time with me and go through everything a couple of times till i understand it +

My manager gives me a lot of support and helps me if i have any problems and people are the company that i work with on a daily basis help me aswell if im struggling

My salary is ok but i want to work harder to try get an better salary.

Yes there is loads of events that are available outside work provided from the company.

9a. Would you recommend Howdens Joinery to a friend? *

I would advise howdens as it is a popular company and the people are the company treat you well and there is good offers for loads of different items.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Howdens Joinery? *