1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Carrying out line checks on a daily basis. Carrying out checks on the forklift everyday. other than that I have to pick kitchens, serve customers and unload the loads which we get 3 times a week and put them away.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
How to drive the forklift.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Vey much, enjoy doing the job and enjoy working with all the staff.
4. How valued do you feel by Howdens Joinery?
Very, almost completed my year apprenticeship and feel like I have worked here for a lot longer.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
very well, I get visited monthly to go over my work and If I need any help it is always there either through and email or phone call.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
A lot, [This section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyApprenticeship Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions] is very helpful and is always ready to listen to any problems I have. She is very friendly and polite and easy to talk to about any problems.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A lot, they treat me asif they do full time staff, any problems I have they are there to help. They also pay for my bus pass monthly.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
After rent and other little bills such as phone contract it isn't the best but its bearable and will be worth it in the long term. If work didn't pay for my bus pass I would be a little short pocketed.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Since I have worked here we have been to bowling and are soon going go karting which helps improve team skills and also get to know employees from other depots.
9. Would you recommend Howdens Joinery to a friend?
Excellent company to work for. They look after their employees very well. They are reliable and i feel asif i have a future here with them.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Howdens Joinery?
Be yourself and be ready to learn and work with a great bunch of people for a great company.
More from Howdens JoineryMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!