Railway signalling design apprentice at Siemens

glasgow
26th January 2016

8.0/10

My job as a railway signaling design apprentice requires me to sometimes update existing drawing or even create some from scratch, with or without help from others

I have learned so many new skills over the year and a half of my apprenticeship. I have earned my SVQ level 3 and am 3/4 through my HNC. I have also done a few railway qualifications such as BST, PTS and Mod 5. There is also so much I have learned on the job.

I enjoy the programme a lot. I am in an office situation with great people who are always willing to help with anything if I struggle at all.

4. How valued do you feel by Siemens?

I feel valued from siemens. I am always being contacted by people to ensure that I am comfortable with my work and everyone is looking out ensuring I am happy

the programme is well organized. as soon as I started my apprenticeship I was in a training centre for 6 months gaining my SVQ level 3 and also at college from the start.

I receive a lot of support from my training provider. I always receive feedback from all courses I have been on and everyone I have met is very friendly

my employer gives me lots of support. everyone is very friendly and understanding if I am unsure of something they are more than happy to sit down with me and go through it

I am able to live well with my salary. when working away I get expenses paid for me so I do not need to worry about that. I also get good overtime rates.

there are a few events I have had the opportunity to attend to meet other apprentices from all over the country and interact with them about their apprenticeship and compare it to mine.

9a. Would you recommend Siemens to a friend? *

because it is a great company with fantastic opportunity to progress forward and also it has a very personal touch. you are always treated to the highest standard and will be made sure that you are happy.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Siemens? *

everyone is very understanding of everything so be yourself and do not try and change to suit others. also think about what you plan on saying, in interviews.