Apprentice assembly technician at Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains

Northampton
January 2016

9.3/10

Assemble formula 1 powertrains and all over assemblies

HNC in combined engineering NVQ level 3 Mechanical manufacture engineering Crane training high voltage training

This is an excellent opportunity and have enjoyed the challenging environment.

Imagine yourself working at Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 3 roles at Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains

4. How valued do you feel by Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains?

Even as an apprentice you are given some complex tasks and really feel you are contributing to the end goal of creating the best F1 car on the circuit.

Very well organised with all modules and a individual traning plan and rotation scheme already in place.

Lots of regular meetings to discus progress and there are always people who will give you time if you do have any sort of issue.

Excellent support in all areas within the apprenticeship rotations and also with settling in to the company and learning all the new skills and task you need to complete.

Imagine yourself working at Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains

As an apprentice it is better than average as a salary and with the raise incentives feels like you are progressing all the time. I travel over 70 miles a day and I can meets all costs including rent and food with a bit I can enjoy myself.

The company put on a lot of activities such as a family fun day and Christmas party to name just 2.

9a. Would you recommend Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains to a friend? *

Overall a great facility to work with everything you need is provided. Everyone is willing to help and increase your ability along with letting you get on with whatever you need to do. You feel treated like another assembly technician when you know what you are doing.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains? *

Make yourself stand out from the crowd in your first application. Include something that you are passionate about outside to show you are a rounded individual with a genuine interest in something applicable. My self I race Brisca F1 where I have some fabrication, engine building and racing experience before starting.