1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am Currently on a cell rotation which involves a six month placement on different section within the factory so my day to day roles can change however I have spent the majority of my time shadowing a senior fitter working on assembling and testing subsea electrical connectors.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes I have gained Important knowledge and skills involving the Building from a procedure and following an FAT.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I find my program very enjoyable as I am getting to see all aspects of the job from the planning to the build.
4. How valued do you feel by Siemens?
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
the organization of the program could be improved through the utilization of a mentor system and skill based train rather than picking up the skills as your migrate round the factory.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I receive a monthly review and they are available for question a t any time if I approach them.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
not sure what support you are referring to with this question.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Travel and general living cost are hard to afford on an apprenticeship wage no matter where you are working but I manage with what I receive.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are a variety of company events and opportunities available to me if I wish to take part. we have recently took part in a community project as a team of apprentices organized by my training officer.
9. Would you recommend Siemens to a friend?
It is a prestigious company and provides adequate training and experience that can be utilized in the engineering industry.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Siemens?
Research the industry you are applying for and its current economical situation thoroughly as due to the current oil price and down turn in the oil and gas industry the sector I am working in has been force to make employees redundant and job roles upon the exit to my apprenticeship will be sparse.
More from SiemensMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!