Apprentice at Siemens

ULVERSTON

8.6/10

I'm a first year engineering apprentice so I'm full time at college and go into work during the half term breaks.

Yes I've learnt lots of new skills, especially regarding performing engineering operations.

I love being an apprentice because I gain experience and knowledge in an environment where it's constantly applied.

4. How valued do you feel by Siemens?

I'm unable to fully answer this question as I'm full time at college and have very little experience in the work place. However they do support me at college- they pay a decent wage, provide a smart uniform and have a pension scheme.

Everything is sorted out for me, whether Siemens do it or college.

The tutors and college are extremely supportive. The tutors are very approachable and experienced.

Anything I've asked for or needed I've got.

I am aware that Siemens pay is slightly lower than some other employers that offer apprenticeships but my personal financial needs are adequately covered.

Siemens offer lots of external events- especially in the local area. Apprentices are encouraged to take part in theses activities to promote the company and personally benefit.

9a. Would you recommend Siemens to a friend? *

It's a worldwide engineering company that's constantly innovating and improving. Siemens also treat their employees like individuals.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Siemens? *

Make sure you make a good lasting impression- be outgoing and do activities/events outside of school to give you an advantage over other applicants.