1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a machinist apprentice. My role consists of building tools, proving out programs, editing programs and so on. I have been here for over a year and I experience new things everyday.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I had level 2 PEO before I started, since then I have developed those skills and learnt many more. I have so much more to learn which I look forward to.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the complexity of the work and all the challenges I am faced with. it keeps everyone on their toes and makes my job exciting.
4. How valued do you feel by Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains?
I feel just as part of the team as anyone, we all work hard and have the same passion to win. Its a great place to work because everyone has the same attitude towards their work.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
During my apprenticeship I am studying a HNC and a NVQ and learning how to be a machinist on top of that, so the structure has to be very good which it is.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
if I ever have a problem at work I can ask my training provider for help/support and they will help/support me in any situation.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
my employer helps me push myself in my work but also helps me have enough time to do my HNC and NVQ work. so they are very supportive as well.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I am very happy with my salary/package, I have a lot of hobbies and see friends at the weekends and my salary lets me do all of those things which is great.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
engineering is a massive industry, so yes there are loads of opportunities outside of work. but if I can I would like to stay at HPP for as long as possible.
9. Would you recommend Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains to a friend?
I would recommend Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains to a friend because it is a great place to work for anyone who wants to challenge themselves and be surrounded by amazing engineers who want to push the limits of what's possible.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains?
Show your passion for engineering, show what you have done outside of work; hobbies or skills. And take in all the knowledge from anyone you meet at HPP.
More from Mercedes AMG High Performance PowertrainsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!