Apprentice Machinist at Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains

bedfordshire
January 2016

I am a machinist apprentice. My role consists of building tools, proving out programs, editing programs and so on. I have been here for over a year and I experience new things everyday.

I had level 2 PEO before I started, since then I have developed those skills and learnt many more. I have so much more to learn which I look forward to.

I enjoy the complexity of the work and all the challenges I am faced with. it keeps everyone on their toes and makes my job exciting.

4. How valued do you feel by Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains?

I feel just as part of the team as anyone, we all work hard and have the same passion to win. Its a great place to work because everyone has the same attitude towards their work.

During my apprenticeship I am studying a HNC and a NVQ and learning how to be a machinist on top of that, so the structure has to be very good which it is.

if I ever have a problem at work I can ask my training provider for help/support and they will help/support me in any situation.

my employer helps me push myself in my work but also helps me have enough time to do my HNC and NVQ work. so they are very supportive as well.

I am very happy with my salary/package, I have a lot of hobbies and see friends at the weekends and my salary lets me do all of those things which is great.

engineering is a massive industry, so yes there are loads of opportunities outside of work. but if I can I would like to stay at HPP for as long as possible.

9a. Would you recommend Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains to a friend? *

I would recommend Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains to a friend because it is a great place to work for anyone who wants to challenge themselves and be surrounded by amazing engineers who want to push the limits of what's possible.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains? *

Show your passion for engineering, show what you have done outside of work; hobbies or skills. And take in all the knowledge from anyone you meet at HPP.