Hi! Just a little message to let you know that we've updated our Privacy Policy.

Engineering Apprentice at Siemens

Congleton
January 2016

6.3/10

Rotational placements throughout engineering roles. College day release to achieve HNC 4 Engineering, NVQ 2 PEO. NVQ 3 achieved in the workplace.

Various skills gained:

Siemens NX AutoCAD Plant Simulation Factory Flow JACK Methods Time Measurement CIP Lean Methods MRN

etc etc etc

The programme is enjoyable and allows for a fulfilling day to day job role.

4. How valued do you feel by Siemens?

Fairly. My manager makes me feel valued, where as the business as a whole feels quite detracted and unaware of my progress.

The structure could be improved.

There is no monitoring of placements in terms of ensuring you are there, what the expectations of you are whilst you are there. This is to be decided between you and the departments manager.

Which is good if like myself you are keen and ensure that you fulfil these wishes. Though it makes it very easy for apprentices to coast through their apprenticeship, have minimal tasks day to day and at the end of the 4 year programme failing to have real transferrable skills to the business and workplace.

N/A.

Siemens is my training provider.

Manager - Excellent Siemens - Average

On par with what I would expect to be paid at the current point of my apprenticeship.

Volunteering - STEM Ambassador

9a. Would you recommend Siemens to a friend? *

Recognised, blue chip company that will back you if you put the work in.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Siemens? *

DO NOT expect to have anything handed to you. If you want challenging work go and seek it. Many apprentices expect it to be like school where it is given to you, IT IS NOT.