1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Rotational placements throughout engineering roles. College day release to achieve HNC 4 Engineering, NVQ 2 PEO. NVQ 3 achieved in the workplace.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Various skills gained:
Siemens NX AutoCAD Plant Simulation Factory Flow JACK Methods Time Measurement CIP Lean Methods MRN
etc etc etc
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The programme is enjoyable and allows for a fulfilling day to day job role.
4. How valued do you feel by Siemens?
Fairly. My manager makes me feel valued, where as the business as a whole feels quite detracted and unaware of my progress.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The structure could be improved.
There is no monitoring of placements in terms of ensuring you are there, what the expectations of you are whilst you are there. This is to be decided between you and the departments manager.
Which is good if like myself you are keen and ensure that you fulfil these wishes. Though it makes it very easy for apprentices to coast through their apprenticeship, have minimal tasks day to day and at the end of the 4 year programme failing to have real transferrable skills to the business and workplace.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Siemens is my training provider.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Manager - Excellent Siemens - Average
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
On par with what I would expect to be paid at the current point of my apprenticeship.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Volunteering - STEM Ambassador
9. Would you recommend Siemens to a friend?
Recognised, blue chip company that will back you if you put the work in.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Siemens?
DO NOT expect to have anything handed to you. If you want challenging work go and seek it. Many apprentices expect it to be like school where it is given to you, IT IS NOT.
More from SiemensMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!