Technician Engineer at Laing O'Rourke

School Leaver Programme
15th January 2016

Connect with Laing O'Rourke

8.9/10

I am working as a technician engineer which means that I am working with a site engineer learning and assisting them with their work. I attend morning briefings so I am included in the engineering team and am given information and the responsibility to carry out the tasks set for us.

Developing a lot of team work skills and 90% of my day is spent working alongside someone and in a team.

I enjoy the company I work with as everyone is very supportive in my learning and development.

4. How valued do you feel by Laing O'Rourke?

Yes, although I am not thrown into the deep end with responsibility I still play an important role with the work that goes on site and I know they are putting a lot of faith into my future by offering me this apprenticeship.

Very well. There is a team of people set up specifically for us, who are willing to support us in anyway possible and organize fantastic training and opportunities for us.

9a. Would you recommend Laing O'Rourke to a friend? *

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Laing O'Rourke? *

Be yourself. They focus on you as a person and your ability to take on a challenge and how well you work with people.