1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am working as a technician engineer which means that I am working with a site engineer learning and assisting them with their work. I attend morning briefings so I am included in the engineering team and am given information and the responsibility to carry out the tasks set for us.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Developing a lot of team work skills and 90% of my day is spent working alongside someone and in a team.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the company I work with as everyone is very supportive in my learning and development.
4. How valued do you feel by Laing O'Rourke?
Yes, although I am not thrown into the deep end with responsibility I still play an important role with the work that goes on site and I know they are putting a lot of faith into my future by offering me this apprenticeship.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well. There is a team of people set up specifically for us, who are willing to support us in anyway possible and organize fantastic training and opportunities for us.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9a. Would you recommend Laing O'Rourke to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Laing O'Rourke? *
Be yourself. They focus on you as a person and your ability to take on a challenge and how well you work with people.
More from Laing O'RourkeMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!