Planner at Laing O'Rourke

Sponsored Degree Programme
14th January 2016

Connect with Laing O'Rourke

6.0/10

Assistant Planner at Bond Street Station upgrade, my role includes coordinating subcontractor activities on site, and updating the program to build and recording progress of subcontractors.

I have begun to learn to use Primavera P6, which I use when creating new scopes of work and updating the existing program to build, I have developed my confidence when talking and communicating with people.

It is enjoyable, a good atmosphere in the office, and I am given responsibility which makes me feel valued.

4. How valued do you feel by Laing O'Rourke?

Get praised for good work and using initiative, would not be valued externally.

It could be better, the cadet modules and logbook can be confusing and there is no clear targets.

The university I go to on day release could be better, some lecturers seem far less knowledgable than others.

Provide good training and opportunities, feel I can approach my line manager with any problems.

Very well, my travel is paid for and they offer relocation costs to other members who live far away.

Not really

9a. Would you recommend Laing O'Rourke to a friend? *

Large and varied projects, but there can be a struggle with work/life balance.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Laing O'Rourke? *

make sure the project and business unit you are placed on is something you enjoy.