1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am training to be a planning engineer. I shadow Planners on sites and complete various tasks for them. I take part in producing presentations for Bid's that are worth millions, and do take ups on site to review the progress of the construction sequence of the job.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Learned and develop various IT skills, such as becoming more competent with Excel and PDF; along side learning new software like ASTA Power project. I am currently doing a degree in Project management, paid for by the company.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
4. How valued do you feel by Laing O'Rourke?
very valued, they invest millions into their Cadets.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
very structured, we have large modules to complete which highlight our progress and where we need to improve.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I shadow my manager who is there to answer ANYTHING
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
We get financial support and guidance from everyone who works above and alongside us.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Perfectly, expenses are paid and a company car is offered within a few years.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There is so much going on in work that this isn't necessarily required.
9a. Would you recommend Laing O'Rourke to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
they are one of the largest contractors in the country and operate all over the world.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Laing O'Rourke? *
Do that little bit extra to make yourself stand out.
More from Laing O'RourkeMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!