1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Quantity Surveying involves the valuing of site works, the valuing of changes, dealing with sub-contractors, and dealing with in house site details (i.e. labour, plant)
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Obviously, the degree is earned at the end of the 5 years, but it sets up well for RICS accredition
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I thoroughly enjoy the programme as you encounter many different issues each day
4. How valued do you feel by Laing O'Rourke?
I feel extremely valued by LOR, and the people at higher levels in LOR
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme is very well structured with Modules and extra training
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I receive some support from the training provider (university), however at this early stage in the course not all of the training will be directly linked to the day-to-day doings of the job
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive massive amounts of support from LOR and the people in the company, as far as to people assisting with my understanding of courseworks, and looking through the works to make sure it has been done correctly
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
FOr me the salary is doing more than meeting my costs
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are opportunities to work in the local communities on many occassions
9a. Would you recommend Laing O'Rourke to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Fantastic company with fantastic opportunities for young adults.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Laing O'Rourke? *
More from Laing O'RourkeMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!