1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Maintenance of the main contract programme
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Developed my existing skills: Communication etc
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I don't think the construction industry is for me
4. How valued do you feel by Laing O'Rourke?
Yes as I'm asked to do important jobs that push the job on
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well. A timetable is programmed with yearly events taking place
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Good quality tutors, course and facilities.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Any questions that I ask I generally get a very quick and detailed reply.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I believe it could be slightly higher
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are a few such as charity events, sports teams etc
9. Would you recommend Laing O'Rourke to a friend?
If you would like to go into the construction industry then I believe this is the only way to go!!
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Laing O'Rourke?
Be confident and make sure that it is what you want to do as you could potentially be doing this career for 40+ years. Life is too short to waste doing things you don't particularly enjoy.
More from Laing O'RourkeMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!