enginerering apprentice at Nestle

york

on a day to day basis i am to work alongside other engineers and perform maintanence tasks in order to improve the running of the depoartement i am in. i can be set independent tasks thatt are to be completed to a deadline or i can be shadowing more experinced engineers when im working on something new.

since the start of my apprenticeship i have not only developed my technical skills and knowledge but have also hugely developed my team working skills and also leadership.

Joining the apprenticeship programme was the best decision i ever made. Now i could not see myslef in any other form of education. i look forward to coming to work every day.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 7 roles at Nestle

4. How valued do you feel by Nestle?

Nestle as a company are extremely good at offering great oppurtunities to apprentices such as the chance to move on to higher eductation. also all the other engineers make you fell like they want you to work with them rather you being a hindrance.

my apprenticeship is structured into a full first year at college followed by 6 monthly intervals in each department until the completion of the programme. This makes my work days very organised which inreases the time i have working and learning.

my college offer huge amounts of support in terms of the diploma work. any problems or issues with any college work are always dealt with and the level of teaching is very high. there is also a strong link between work and college, this also helps and improves organistaion.

The support offered by nestle is excellent with extra tuition and learning support available for diploma work and selected tasks relevant to our college work are set for us.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 7 roles at Nestle

i am extremely happy with the salary i recieve as it is a lot more than most of my freinds are earning and all costs relating to work are coverd by the business.

Nestle offers a range of different opputunities outside of work, many of them set up by the business themselves but also other empoloyers can intoduce new oppurtunities.

9a. Would you recommend Nestle to a friend? *

The main reason for recommending nestle would be how friendly and willing to teach all the workers are which makes coming to work that much more enjoyable. Also the higher eduction oppurtunities may appeal to many people.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Nestle? *

The advice i would give is to really express why it is that you want to do the job. for example, engineering, really show why you have a passion for engineering and definatley share past experiences with engineering.