Store apprentice at Aldi

Ellesmere port
£650 monthly
January 2016

3.8/10

My role is a store apprentice, this means from day do day I operate as a 'store assistant' this includes operating the tills and working the stock.

I feel I have developed my communication skills as I am not as shy anymore. I feel also that I have learnt how to take directions better and I can also think for myself and not rely on others telling me what to do all the time.

I enjoy the Aldi apprentiship thoroughly and has thought me many new skills.

4. How valued do you feel by Aldi?

All in all I do not feel very valued by Aldi, I feel very replaceable and have even been told this by a manager.

I do not feel the program is well organised or structured as I am still waiting 4 months for my certificates so I can move onto the second part of my training.

I do not currently have a training provider

I feel I do not receive much support from my managers as I have asked for retraining and for more support in store on shifts and I have not received any and come away feeling worse than epwhen I started

Not well at all I am living on my own and have basic out goings, bills rent food, etc. Of more than £900 however I barley pick up £700

No not really

9a. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend? *

I have previously however now my overall experience of Aldi has changed and is fairly negative

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aldi? *

Make sure you are 100% sure you are up for the challanges and can handle stress well