Store apprentice at Aldi

Ellesmere port North West
£650 monthly
January 2016

3.8/10

My role is a store apprentice, this means from day do day I operate as a 'store assistant' this includes operating the tills and working the stock.

I feel I have developed my communication skills as I am not as shy anymore. I feel also that I have learnt how to take directions better and I can also think for myself and not rely on others telling me what to do all the time.

I enjoy the Aldi apprentiship thoroughly and has thought me many new skills.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 3 roles at Aldi

4. How valued do you feel by Aldi?

All in all I do not feel very valued by Aldi, I feel very replaceable and have even been told this by a manager.

I do not feel the program is well organised or structured as I am still waiting 4 months for my certificates so I can move onto the second part of my training.

I do not currently have a training provider

I feel I do not receive much support from my managers as I have asked for retraining and for more support in store on shifts and I have not received any and come away feeling worse than epwhen I started

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 3 roles at Aldi

Not well at all I am living on my own and have basic out goings, bills rent food, etc. Of more than £900 however I barley pick up £700

No not really

9. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend?

I have previously however now my overall experience of Aldi has changed and is fairly negative

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aldi?

Make sure you are 100% sure you are up for the challanges and can handle stress well