1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I work with technical documents including manufacturing instructions and drawings. Day-to-day I will draw up various documents depending on the manufacturing operations a drawing/part will require.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt how to model and draw, both manually and electronically using Siemens NX. I have also undertaken various tasks on machines such as centre-lathe, milling maching, CNC lathe, welding, etc.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy it very much, although the machining is mandatory even if you are going to be in an office at the end of it.
4. How valued do you feel by Rolls-Royce?
I feel valued as a person however you are well-known as the least qualified.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It has structure in some places but very little in others. It depends greatly on your team and where you are aligned.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
You receive a reasonable amount of support however you are often expected to solve many problems on your own.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
You receive a good amount of support from your employer although you are expected to try and solve certain things yourself.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The pay is very good especially if you are still living at home.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes, as there are STEM days and various Engineering seminars and training days.
9a. Would you recommend Rolls-Royce to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
It is a lot better than most apprenticeships and it prepares you greatly for working independently.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Rolls-Royce? *
Be prepared to not have all your questions answered when in the training school, and not always know where you are going. Be on time and look smart.
More from Rolls-RoyceMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!