1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a graphic design apprentice working for Thales UK. I’ve been learning to use programmes such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign and Adobe PhotoShop to create brochures, data sheets, product banners, montages and other graphics.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt many new skills as well as develop existing skills during my time at Thales UK so far. Firstly, I have learnt how to use programmes such as Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator and InDesign to create a range of marketing materials. Not only have I learnt skills regarding the job role but I have also developed many life skills, for example working in a professinoal environment, using my initiative and taking my career into my own hands to achieve my goals.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I thoroughly enjoy my apprenticeship as I am earning whilst I learn and gain qualitifactions towards my dream job. Thales has given me many opportunities to further my career whilst encouraging me to aim high and gain experience whilst travelling around the UK
4. How valued do you feel by Thales?
The amount of opportunities presented to me and the amount of welcoming, helpful people who I work with have made me feel extremely valued by the company.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I feel my apprenticeship is well organised and structured as I have a clear plan for the two year course.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I am studying a Level 3 BTEC and NVQ in Design where I have monthly release to college to work on th BTEC whilst I work on the NVQ for 4 hours a week at work. My tutor visits me in the work place once every 6 weeks to provide support and check on my progress. I feel I am very supported as I keep regular contact with the training provider and know who to contact if I have a query.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I have a full team supporting me in the workplace including a manager, team leader, a mentor and an apprentice development manager so I feel extremely supported at work.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are huge opportunities outside of work and Thales encourage and support me to take them.
9. Would you recommend Thales to a friend?
- Fascinating company - Range of job roles - Welcoming, helpful staff - Excellent location - Competitive salary
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Thales?
- Be keen and show enthusiasm - Be innovative and motivated - Research the company
More from ThalesMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!