Apprentice Warehouseman at Howdens Joinery

Cheltenham
11th November 2015

Connect with Howdens Joinery

8.7/10

I am A Apprentice Warehouseman, my job is to Pick the correct stock for customers, builders and depot transfers. Checking and putting delivery away/maintaining stock levels by doing line checks.

I have learnt how to be more confident when serving customers and customer service skills, developed working in a team and being a team player.

I have enjoyed this programme because I haven't had to leave work to go to college or education because I have work set by someone to complete, so I can just focus on working on a daily basis.

4. How valued do you feel by Howdens Joinery?

I feel I am valued here as a influential member of the Howdens team, we all get on well and have a laugh together, I try pushing myself to impress the management team because I want to succeed here and become a permanent member of the howdens team as I'm only a apprentice.

Very organized, Manager gave a very detailed induction when I had my interview and when I first started too, we have occasional meetings and one to one's between staff and manager each month.

They come in each month once or twice set me work to complete either at work or at home where I have help when I need it but I also received their email to contact them with any problems I had and send work in to them.

I receive a lot of help from everyone here at the depot if I get stuck with anything I can ask and they will help.

My wages get me through each month just about although I am a apprentice so hopefully I am taken on full time so my wage goes up.

Yes Howdens in general does various activities and events, we tend to when not working go out for a drink to celebrate occasions and other stuff.

9a. Would you recommend Howdens Joinery to a friend? *

It's a wonderful place to work and gain experience if it's not the right job for you, although it is also a great company to progress up through the ranks and become a manager many years down the line.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Howdens Joinery? *

Be honest, do some research about the company, be confident and keen asking questions and introduce yourself and get to know everyone.