1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am learning to become an Environmental Engineer. My day-to-day working activity includes working on vibration testing, circuits, wiring, climatic testing etc...
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt many new skills with regards to electronical and mechanical principles. I've also learnt many business/working-day skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I thoroughly enjoy it.
4. How valued do you feel by Thales?
I feel very valued, respected and useful.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My programme is structured very well. with lots of learning/training programmes to aid my knowledge and skills on the job. I also work with highly intelligent, helpful collegues who aim to progress my working skills on a day-to-day basis.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I recieve as much support as I wish, whenever I am unsure of anything. If ever i need support/help with work I need only ask or to log on to an online platform containing everything I need to know about my training courses.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I can comfortably say that I recieve a high level of support from my employer on a day-to-day basis. I also have one-to-one meetings with my manager (every week) and with the head of engineering services to see how I'm getting on; and to address anything that is necessary.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
My starting apprenticeship wage is definitely sufficient as is it stands.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are oppurtunites outside of work including trips that I'm already scheduled to attend.
9. Would you recommend Thales to a friend?
It's a fantastic oppurtunity for anyone who is seeking an enjoyable career with an excellent Company (Thales). It's an exciting, interactive and fulfilling career that involves important work.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Thales?
Try nothing below their absolute best to be successful in applying for their apprenticeship. It's a rare and rewarding oppurtunity that anyone would be lucky to have.
More from ThalesMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!