Environmental Engineer apprentice at Thales

Crawley

9.0/10

I am learning to become an Environmental Engineer. My day-to-day working activity includes working on vibration testing, circuits, wiring, climatic testing etc...

I have learnt many new skills with regards to electronical and mechanical principles. I've also learnt many business/working-day skills.

I thoroughly enjoy it.

4. How valued do you feel by Thales?

I feel very valued, respected and useful.

My programme is structured very well. with lots of learning/training programmes to aid my knowledge and skills on the job. I also work with highly intelligent, helpful collegues who aim to progress my working skills on a day-to-day basis.

I recieve as much support as I wish, whenever I am unsure of anything. If ever i need support/help with work I need only ask or to log on to an online platform containing everything I need to know about my training courses.

I can comfortably say that I recieve a high level of support from my employer on a day-to-day basis. I also have one-to-one meetings with my manager (every week) and with the head of engineering services to see how I'm getting on; and to address anything that is necessary.

My starting apprenticeship wage is definitely sufficient as is it stands.

There are oppurtunites outside of work including trips that I'm already scheduled to attend.

9a. Would you recommend Thales to a friend? *

It's a fantastic oppurtunity for anyone who is seeking an enjoyable career with an excellent Company (Thales). It's an exciting, interactive and fulfilling career that involves important work.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Thales? *

Try nothing below their absolute best to be successful in applying for their apprenticeship. It's a rare and rewarding oppurtunity that anyone would be lucky to have.