1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
As a commercial procurement apprentice I deal with a lot of contracts for services and supply that TfL require. It involves talking to people within TfL as well as other Greater London Authority bodies and finding out what their needs are so when a contract is drawn up, all of their requirements are met and the contract will flow a lot better.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I am very interested in what I am doing and I will look to pursue a similar career after my apprenticeship
4. How valued do you feel by Transport for London?
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
overall there seems to be good structure especially with the classroom-based learning. In the workplace it's more about understanding what it is like to be a worker within TfL.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
everytime i need help I ask for help and help is given.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
a good amount
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
my costs are covered well
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
I'm not sure yet
9. Would you recommend Transport for London to a friend?
good working environment and workers are well valued.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Transport for London?
always read the advert page when filling out the application form.
More from Transport for LondonMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!