Track apprentice at Transport for London

November 2015

Connect with Transport for London

7.9/10

My role involves at the moment in assisting skilled track operatives in track inspections and track maintenance. Whilst assisting staff I am also making sure I learn whilst on the job by listening and asking questions.

Yes, I have learnt how to protect workers on the track during engineering hours. I have learnt a numerous amount of components of track and what faults can occur with them.

Very much, i enjoy meeting new people and interacting with them on a daily basis. I enjoy the scheme.

4. How valued do you feel by Transport for London?

Very valued, I feel as a part of the company. I am not just a number, I have a purpose within the company.

It could be organised slightly better with regards to the programmes we are on and sections we have to do such as spending three months at a training school when it is not needed.

My trainer is always there for any problem via email or telephone.

I receive a good amount of support from my employer on a daily basis.

I believe the amount we get paid is sufficient enough.

Yes from interacting with work colleagues you can then find yourself meeting for social gatherings.

9a. Would you recommend Transport for London to a friend? *

The structure and security of the scheme is very good. I enjoy my time whilst on the apprenticeship.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Transport for London? *

Be clear, honest and to the point.