Work Experience Student at Pinsent Masons

£0 annually
October 2015

Connect with Pinsent Masons

6.9/10

Work experience student in a variety of departments over the week. My work would be any task, be it small or large, that any employee of Pinsent Masons had available for me to do, this ranged from drafting emails, proof-reading contracts, research tasks to any administration or short errands.

My ability to write emails in a professional manner and format has definitely improved. Aside from that I have learnt huge amounts about all the departments I have worked in from both reading/research and talking to Pinsent Masons employees who were always happy to stop what they were doing to answer any of my questions

I really enjoyed the work I was given throughout the week, mainly for the variety and glimpse it gave me into the work of a solicitor. It was also very enjoyable to do anything, even if it was easy, that is of genuine help to the trainees or solicitors .

4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?

I have had a large range of employees show real kindness towards me, making me feel welcome from day 1.

The programme has a few organised seminars which were really helpful and informative. Aside from them the work was based upon the trainee I was assigned to for that day. They always had work for me to do and had extra work ready whenever I finished an assignment

They were always there able and willing to answer questions, as was everyone in every team I worked in. However one of the best parts of the week was the independence I was afforded.

I'm aware there was help available, however I did not encounter it during my time here

It was an unpaid work experience week for students who live locally, so there were few costs associated with the week placement, but as they offer the week in such a range of locations, there should be no cost in attending the one nearest to you.

Not for this scenario, however that was imposed mainly through age boundaries

9a. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend? *

It's a truly informative week that would give any prospective lawyer all the info they need about potentially working in corporate law.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons? *

Research the firm and what it is about before you apply, understanding their core values will definitely help you understand what it is they are after in a candidate.