Work Experience Student at Pinsent Masons

Leeds

Connect with Pinsent Masons

7.3/10

I am a work experience student, who is in the office for a week. Each day, I shadow a trainee in a different Practise Group to gain an understanding and increase my knowledge of the different areas of Commercial Law available to me. Each day, I take part in legal research using the Practical Law website, help and aid the trainee with their own work and learn new technical skills.

Although I have not gained any Qualifications or Internal Training, I have been able to gain an insight into what a Commercial law firm entails and the broad depth and variety it includes. I have learnt many personal skills including communication, teamwork and what is it like to work in a professional environment.

I did enjoy the programme because it gave me a taster of everything, and each day I was learning new skills and new processes and rules. I really enjoyed being in the Pinsent Masons office and the facilities it entailed.

4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?

I feel very appreciated, although I am only a Work Experience student, and found many people came and gave me their time if I had any questions or queries. The trainees also allowed me to be involved with their tasks.

I think the programme is quite structured since I knew exactly what I was doing each day and received a lot of support. However, I would have liked to have seen a few more presentations ( the ones I did see were extremely useful)

I received a lot of support from all the training providers I had. They were able to give me all the time I needed to answer my questions.

I was not employed.

My work experience was voluntary.

I was only here for a week, so did not get involved in other opportunities.

9a. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend? *

The week has been extremely useful and helped me with my decision as to which career path would suit me.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons? *

All the relevant information is told to you. It was a good application process.