Work Experience Placement at Pinsent Masons

Leeds
30th October 2015

Connect with Pinsent Masons

8.0/10

During my work experience placement at Pinsent Masons, I had a variety of tasks. These included: completely case studies, company search report, amending a set of board minutes, comparing the Table A Articles of Association with the Model Articles of Association, research into leasehold interests, and attending a statutory declaration meeting.

I have enhanced my research skills, and developed my confidence and communication skills due to interacting with new people.

I enjoyed this programme because I gained an invaluable insight into the world of law and how it is practiced on a day-to-day basis, and everyone at Pinsent Masons was extremely friendly. It exceeded my expectations, I did not think I would learn as much as I have done.

4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?

I feel valued as I was not set pointless tasks, the tasks I were given, the trainees had actually completed themselves or were in the process of completing. Also, I feel appreciated as my supervisors would always thank me for my day's work.

It was very well organised and structured because there was always something for me to do. Furthermore, I received the appropriate training and support so I could complete the task to the best of my abilities.

I received a lot of support as they would always encourage me to ask questions if I was unsure of anything and my supervisors were always on hand if I needed any help. My supervisors were very friendly so I felt neither hesitant nor reluctant to ask them questions.

I received support from my employer as they kept me up-to-date on things

Due to it being a voluntary work experience placement, I did not receive a salary therefore this does not apply to me.

I was surprised to see that Pinsent Masons in Leeds offers a wide range of social activities such as pilates! Everyone gets on well inside, and outside of work, and appears to have an active social life as well as work life.

9a. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend? *

I would recommend Pinsent Masons as it gives you the opportunity to see a large law firm operate day in and day out. Not only do I know what tasks I would undertake as a solicitor, I know what skills I would need to succeed as a solicitor and beyond.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons? *

Take your time filling in the application and do your research on Pinsent Masons beforehand. Ask as many questions as you can and write down everything!