1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Currently I am an enhanced engineering technician, working on projects, and the day to day maintenance organisation of C&I works at Ratcliffe Power Station.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt valuable skills across a range of disciplines including electrical and mechanical. This not just enables me to become better within my career, but in other aspects of my life too.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It has been really good. A good mixture of work based learning, practical course and day release to college to further my qualifications.
4. How valued do you feel by E.ON?
Currently I am being progressed to manage the day to day C&I activities for the power station. They are constantly improving my development.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The first two years are spent at the engineering academy, and the last two years are work based learning. It is a very well structured course.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
We had several people within the engineering academy, and at the power station who were dedicated to supporting us through the apprenticeship.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
The power station has people dedicated to helping us through the apprenticeship, as well as a dedicated 'mentor' to ensure we are gaining the relevant technical knowledge.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Very well - the first two years were smaller due to being on courses full time, but once I transferred to work based learning this increased substantially.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes- we had opportunities to be involved with community projects, as well as work social events.
9. Would you recommend E.ON to a friend?
It has given me a career, with plenty of support and skills I will be able to use for a lifetime.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to E.ON?
Go for it - its a technical based course, lots of work but the rewards are endless so long as you put the work in.
More from E.ONMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!