Enhanced Engineering Technician at E.ON

2009
Nottingham

Currently I am an enhanced engineering technician, working on projects, and the day to day maintenance organisation of C&I works at Ratcliffe Power Station.

I have learnt valuable skills across a range of disciplines including electrical and mechanical. This not just enables me to become better within my career, but in other aspects of my life too.

It has been really good. A good mixture of work based learning, practical course and day release to college to further my qualifications.

4. How valued do you feel by E.ON?

Currently I am being progressed to manage the day to day C&I activities for the power station. They are constantly improving my development.

The first two years are spent at the engineering academy, and the last two years are work based learning. It is a very well structured course.

We had several people within the engineering academy, and at the power station who were dedicated to supporting us through the apprenticeship.

The power station has people dedicated to helping us through the apprenticeship, as well as a dedicated 'mentor' to ensure we are gaining the relevant technical knowledge.

Very well - the first two years were smaller due to being on courses full time, but once I transferred to work based learning this increased substantially.

Yes- we had opportunities to be involved with community projects, as well as work social events.

9a. Would you recommend E.ON to a friend? *

It has given me a career, with plenty of support and skills I will be able to use for a lifetime.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to E.ON? *

Go for it - its a technical based course, lots of work but the rewards are endless so long as you put the work in.