Security Operations Analyst at Atos

Birmingham
October 2015

8.2/10

My role - Security Operations Analyst. My daily activities revolve around security monitoring for Atos and our customers. I regularly communicate both in written and verbal mediums with our internal customers to ensure swift resolution of security incidents.

Yes - I have gained many skills in networking and network security, and have developed my communications and interpersonal skills.

The programme at Atos has been very enjoyable - I enjoy my work and feel comfortable in my team. The company is very large so allows for good development.

4. How valued do you feel by Atos?

I feel part of the Atos team - there are a number of initiatives in place to ensure that employees are made to feel valued. My regular review meetings with my manager also reinforce this.

On Atos' side of the programme (induction, support for the work related elements, and offering help for the scheme) was brilliant, however the study programmes run by QA were poorly organised.

Until the last 6 months of my apprenticeship, support from my training provider was poor. However, we got a new assessor towards the end of the programme who was much more capable of providing the support I required.

Atos has unfailingly provided excellent support to the benefit of both my personal and professional development.

My salary package allows me to travel to and from work, but has not allowed me yet to fully meet the costs that would be incurred by living alone. As such I still live with my parents.

There are a number of activities available, many aimed towards charity events which raise money for the Prince's Trust.

9a. Would you recommend Atos to a friend? *

I believe Atos is a great company to begin building your career - they have given me the help and support I needed to get into the IT industry and that is absolutely invaluable to me.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Atos? *

I would advise future prospective apprentices to consider Atos as their company of choice, as I believe that the apprentices here are treated much better than in other companies I have seen.