1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Technology Apprentice - Rotating around different departments within OE. Everyday is different, I am experiencing the full breadth of work that goes into giving Sky customers and employees a seamless service, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
its grear, really interesting.
4. How valued do you feel by Sky?
Greatly - I get treated as any other employee, not seen as lesser because i'm an apprentice
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I have been a part of OTT Service centre, Monitoring Solutions, Testing, DC Operations and many more. Everything is organised very well, including going to uni/college, which is all reimbursed.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
MOderate support. More work is given, than support. They are contactable if support is needed.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A great deal. Weekly meetings/catch up with my manager.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Pays above the national average for apprenticeships. Looking forward to earning more when I finish.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Loads. Had a chance to meet Prince Charles and Camilla. There is skills studio, careers lab, and Sky Sports Living for Sport volunteering opportunities.
9a. Would you recommend Sky to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Great place to work.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Sky? *
Do your research, show passion and enthusiasm.
More from SkyMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!