Openreach Support Analyst Apprentice at Sky

Osterley

i work within the Sky Voice and Broadband Operations and i start my day at 9am where i check my emails and catch up on anythign overnight. i then go about my daily tasks that i already set the day before while piroritising the work load.

I have learnt loads of new skills while working in SKY. From code writing to preparing a presentation in the correct way. i have also learnt how to communitcate with people in the business world and how to keep their contacts. SKY has been an amazing place to work and to learn new skills. they realy take onboard your leaning style and know how best to teach you things.

i have truely enjoyed my programme and being able to sit with different teams allows you get a feel for the whole department and where you see yourself after the apprenticeship.

4. How valued do you feel by Sky?

i feel very valued by SKY. my manager really notices the work i do and often my director will see it too and give me recinition.

my programme is very well stuctured. my manger lets me put my own time in to my diary to ensure i study and complete corse work.

my tutor is amazing. i know she is only an email away and will aways put time in to make sure she can help me if need be.

the support i receive is amazing, everyone is very understanding and you say you need to do some apprenticeship work they will take all work off you so you can deditcat your time to your coursework.

i dont live close to work, it takes me an hour and a half each way so train costs are high. however my salary as an apprentice is somthing you cannot argue with. it is one of the best.

Working at SKY the opportunites are endless. i have taken part in the SKY Sports Living for Sports where you help out and run a sports day for local schools. SKY also has a gym that offer loads of classes with guests.

9a. Would you recommend Sky to a friend? *

Why wouldnt you want to work for SKY? it amazing! with the studios and guests in all the time, you are mixing with the celebs at your work place. everyone is friendly and kind, there are opportunites to move around and make some really good friends.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Sky? *

just be yourself. if you have done any work experiance make sure you put that in your CV, also if you any stoires where you have 'saved the day' make sure you put that in as SKY have the 7 behaviours and this demonstrates it. last of all, make sure you do your research on SKY.