Business Insight Week at PwC

2nd September 2015

Connect with PwC

7.3/10

My role was to shadow a PwC worker at the time. My daily tasks involved interacting with other PwC workers and attending meetings which allowed me to get a great insight of the work each PwC worker goes through. I was provided a laptop which allowed me to access PwC emails and email other workers for my buddy which I shadowed. This was intriguing as I had to email others in a business form which therefore allows me to get ready for a future job in this type of industry. Overall, it was an amazing opportunity as I think it has prepared me for a future career in a business environment.

I developed confidence during this week as well as learnt how to email professionally.

I enjoyed it very much as I had to work hard which gave me an insight of what it would be like on a daily basis in this type of industry. I also worked in a team on the final day, allowing me to network with others like me.

4. How valued do you feel by PwC?

I feel very valued as in the meetings which I attended, I was clearly made a part of and the PwC workers made an effort to talk to me and guide me through the meetings.

They gave us our laptops on the induction day and allowed us to have a brief insight of what it would be like by giving us tasks to complete as a team. This showed that they were very well organised as it allowed me to understand what I was going to get into.

A lot of support because when I was confused, I would ask the question and they would answer in detail, allowing me to understand more clearly.

On the induction, all questions were answered clearly, therefore showing the support there.

The salary was good as it covers all my costs.

Yes, for example PwC ambassadors which would allow me to participate in events and activities.

9a. Would you recommend PwC to a friend? *

Because it is a great company which values all its workers. Furthermore, it has a great environment to work in as everyone is friendly.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to PwC? *

Research into PwC before applying and practice assessments.