Work experience at J.P. Morgan

£0 annually
1st September 2015

8.4/10

I was assigned to the Investor Services department. As a team, we were given a project to work on. We had to present J.P. Morgan to its potential clients. We also had talks about what they do in the sector on a daily basis. I did independent research. But for most of the time, we worked as a team.

I have learnt networking skills and I have improved my confidence.

The company had a well known reputation of honour and integrity. Everyone was very willing and friend therefore I enjoyed the programme a lot

4. How valued do you feel by J.P. Morgan?

The internal management were very well organised as there were explicit sectors separated within the company.

It was structured well and we received a variety of skills sessions and training.

My training provider was very friendly and has encouraged me to stay in touch. Moreover, my tutor was very willing to guide me through their roles in the department.

My mentor offered me a lot of support. She was willing to help me to solve problems I faced during the programme.

No salary

We had the opportunity to volunteer in a city farm with several colleagues in the department therefore it was nice to experience another side of J.P. Morgan.

9a. Would you recommend J.P. Morgan to a friend? *

The company offers many opportunities to young people, which shows that they value young people a lot. The programmes and work experience they offer give young people a very good insight to the industry.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to J.P. Morgan? *

Show that you are truly interested in the banking industry and what have you done previously that is related to banking.