1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am an apprentice engineer and my role at the minute is to pass my college, workshop and training courses in order to qualify as an engineer.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have achieved a level 3 BTEC. I have learnt new engineering skills ranging from machining to electronics.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy my job a great deal, learning new skills while on a salary is a great position to be in.
4. How valued do you feel by Transport for London?
Highly, due to the amount and value of training they have invested in me.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
There is a good structure but information is witheld untill further process through the apprenticeship
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
All that is neccessary.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
All that is neccessary/required.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
It is a competitive wage, one of the best for an apprenticeship. The oyster card benefit is highly appreciated.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Many, detailed on the companies intraweb.
9. Would you recommend Transport for London to a friend?
From what I have experienced so far and from word of mouth, TFL looks after their employees extremely well.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Transport for London?
Take as much time as possible to prepare for your application, as you are going against many other candidates so attention to detail can make all the difference.
More from Transport for LondonMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!