1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I was set a project, which I worked on everyday, and delivered a presentation to colleagues in my team at the end of my placement. I met with many employees across different business areas to help me understand the different functions of M&G, as well as to help me progress with my project.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I've developed my presentation and networking skills. I've also learnt data-mining.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It was an incredible opportunity and a thoroughly enlightening experience. Everyone at M&G are so kind, friendly and always willing to help.
4. How valued do you feel by M&G Investments?
The people I worked with took a real interest in me and are so genuine in their advice. I feel very rewarded for the effort I put in and I'm sure I will be supported in whatever direction my future career takes.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My work experience programme was very well balanced in terms of project work, meetings, external trips etc.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
The support I had from everyone was extraordinary. I couldn't ask for anything more. They let me discover things myself and pursue my own interests but they also introduced me to new concepts and always encouraged and supported me in doing so.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Above and beyond what I expected.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
M&G covered all my costs, for example transportation and lunch.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Even though I was only there for a short time, I was still able to get involved in different campaigns and projects that were happening within the business.
9. Would you recommend M&G Investments to a friend?
I really value the culture within M&G - it is very inclusive and supportive of every individual, which I believe is really important for a young person when considering scope for career development and progression.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to M&G Investments?
The support you get from M&G is immense but it's important to be proactive in order to ensure that you make the best of every opportunity.
More from M&G InvestmentsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!