Summer School Intern at BDO

£100 weekly
August 2015

Connect with BDO

8.9/10

Audit in the real estate sector. Carried out calling and casting and checked account values to a consolidation. Made sure that there were no differences between the figures and flagged up those which did not tie through.

Improved excel skills and communication skills.

Found the company very warm and welcoming. Colleagues very helpful and friendly. Thoroughly enjoyed the programme as it enabled me to make a more informed career decision.

4. How valued do you feel by BDO?

Very involved and welcomed by the team. Team even wanted me to work with them for an extra week!

2 days of induction/introduction at the start. No training as the programme only lasted 2 weeks. We were assigned counselling managers and buddies who we could talk to if we had any worries or were struggling. Generally well organised. Always had something for me to do.

A lot of support given. Felt free to ask questions as and when required. Did not feel ashamed by my questions either. Very comfortable atmosphere overall.

2 mentors given who we could contact via email or lync. They were supportive and open to any questions or queries we had. Hr and managers were also a email or lync message away.

Travel expenses will be reimbursed. Was not expecting to be paid so getting a salary was a bonus.

Did not ask about this however I think there are a few social events that run throughout the year. As far as I know there is a football team and netball team.

9a. Would you recommend BDO to a friend? *

Felt that the placement was useful and gave me a better understanding of what the job entails. Allows to experience the working life first hand.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BDO? *

Be honest and curious. Interviewers are very friendly. Nothing to be too worried about.