1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Audit in the real estate sector. Carried out calling and casting and checked account values to a consolidation. Made sure that there were no differences between the figures and flagged up those which did not tie through.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Improved excel skills and communication skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Found the company very warm and welcoming. Colleagues very helpful and friendly. Thoroughly enjoyed the programme as it enabled me to make a more informed career decision.
4. How valued do you feel by BDO?
Very involved and welcomed by the team. Team even wanted me to work with them for an extra week!
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
2 days of induction/introduction at the start. No training as the programme only lasted 2 weeks. We were assigned counselling managers and buddies who we could talk to if we had any worries or were struggling. Generally well organised. Always had something for me to do.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
A lot of support given. Felt free to ask questions as and when required. Did not feel ashamed by my questions either. Very comfortable atmosphere overall.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
2 mentors given who we could contact via email or lync. They were supportive and open to any questions or queries we had. Hr and managers were also a email or lync message away.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Travel expenses will be reimbursed. Was not expecting to be paid so getting a salary was a bonus.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Did not ask about this however I think there are a few social events that run throughout the year. As far as I know there is a football team and netball team.
9. Would you recommend BDO to a friend?
Felt that the placement was useful and gave me a better understanding of what the job entails. Allows to experience the working life first hand.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BDO?
Be honest and curious. Interviewers are very friendly. Nothing to be too worried about.
More from BDOMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!