Business insight week at PwC

£265 weekly
August 2015

Connect with PwC

9.2/10

Daily tasks were work shadowing under a current employee going through or finished the higher apprenticeship scheme whom was appointed as a "buddy". The daily tasks were informing and exciting, ranging from spreadsheets in TS(deals) to tax returns in Tax(IMAP department). Interactions involved chatting with school leavers and higher graduates, the discussions were enlighting for my future career path.

The key skill I have developed the most is the usage of Microsoft excel whilst in TS. I have learnt that there are reliefs in tax terms I was previous unaware of. I have also developed presentation skills and also communication skills.

The work in the programme was very enjoyable as it was both new and challenging but could be complete with some well-offered guidance by my buddies. Both teams I shadowed were both very welcoming, the office floor was very expressing of the company as a whole. The office environment was slightly different to what I first predicted.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 11 roles at PwC

4. How valued do you feel by PwC?

Even though I am only classified as a employee for just a week and will return to my school career and part-time job after today, I still feel as though my opinion was acknowledged and was listened to.

I felt the programme was organised very well with the induction day informing me completely with the up-coming weeks activities. The day and half spent in tax though in my opinion been structured better as I only got an hour in corporate tax which I think could be improved

More than enough

Plenty

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 11 roles at PwC

I would have came along on the week without getting a salary. only once I was here I found out I was getting paid. So that exceeded expectations.

Yes from information gathered from employees there are ones weekly

9. Would you recommend PwC to a friend?

Perfect way to become familiar with the business lifestyle

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to PwC?

Gather all the information you can. And be yourself